If you’ve upgraded your device up to Android Oreo, you must have noticed “Apps that are running background” or “Apps that use batteries” notification. If you’d like to turn off notifications, it’s possible to deactivate the Apps Using Batteries notifications for Android Phone using the steps that are listed below.
Disable App is Using Battery Notification On Android Phone
Certain Apps that are available on Google Play Store are designed to stay active on your phone , even if it is operating in background. This causes unnecessary use of resources, and also consumes battery power.
Therefore, Google brought this new feature into Google’s Android OS 8.0 to inform users of Apps running in background in Android Devices.
In Android 8.1, Google renamed the “App is running in background” alert as “App has battery” and added an option to deactivate this notification.
Although this feature can be useful in notifying users of Apps that are running in the background, and also making use of battery life, a lot of users are searching for ways to deactivate the persistent “Apps that are running in background” or “Apps Using Battery” notifications on their Android phones.
Disable “App is Using Battery” Notification on Android Phone
1. When you see “App is using battery” notification on your Android Phone, swipe right on the notification and you will be able to open an over-the-top menu.
2. On the slide-over menu, tap the Gear icon (See the image above)
3. Next, turn off the “Apps using batteries” option by shifting the slider to an OFF position.
NOTE: This will disable Notifications for all apps for Your Android Phone.
Another method to turn off the “App Uses Battery” notification is to disable it. Using Battery” notification is to make use of Settings App on your Android Phone. Settings App on your Android Phone.
1. Open Settings on your phone. Tap on Apps & Notifications.
2. On the next screen, tap on the See all apps option.
3. On the App information screen, tap the 3 dots icon in the top right corner of your screen. Then, tap on the Show option from the drop-down menu.
4. Next, tap on the Android System from the list of applications and services
5. Next, tap on App Notifications and turn off the option to turn off apps that consume battery.
Disable App is Running in the Background Notification on Android Phone
If you’re running Android 8.0 you’ll see “App is running in background” Notification. There is no alternative within Settings to deactivate this notification.
This is why you should utilize an app to block “App is running in background” alert on the Android Phone.
Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device and install the Hide “running in the background” Notification application. After the app has been installed, give the app with the Permission to access Notifications screen by pressing Ok
The next window will appear, switch on the slider adjacent to Block “running behind” Notification, so as to give the app the ability to view notifications on your phone.
Then, click on the Allow option on the pop-up menu which appears.
Starting today from now on, the App will begin hiding “Running behind the scenes” alerts on your Android Phone.