The router that creates Your Home WiFi Network is identified by its distinctive IP Address. Below are the steps needed to find Router IP Address on Windows 10.
Find Router IP Address on Windows Computer
For a standard Home Network, the Internet Service Provider delivers internet to the the Modem and then passes it on to the Router for distribution to cell phones Google Chromecast and other devices connected to it.
As we mentioned earlier as mentioned above, the Router is equipped with its own IP Address and you must be aware of this IP Address to log in to the Router.
People generally are looking to log into Router to Update Router Software and to change Security Settings, set up Parental Controls and Setup the IP Address Filtering.
1. Find Default Router IP Address
Router manufacturers such as D-Link and LinkSys utilize 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to be their Default Router IP address. They provide this information via their website.
The default Router IP Address should be within the Instruction Manual included with the Router.
It is also possible to find the default router IP address located on a label or sticker placed on in the lower part of the router.
If the default Router IP Address has been changed by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) then you’ll need to locate it on your computer by using the following method, as described below.
2. Find Router IP Address in Windows 10
If you’re using an Windows Laptop or Desktop computer then take the next steps in order to determine the router IP address on Windows 10.
1. Go to Settings > Network and Internet Click at Status within the left-hand pane. In the right-hand pane scroll down, and click the View Your Network Properties link.
2. On the next screen scroll down to the specifics of your current networks (Ethernet or Wireless) and you’ll be able to see the IP address of your router alongside “Default gateway:”.
Once you have identified the Router’s IP Address, you’ll be in a position to login to your router by entering the IP address of your Router in Chrome or another browser.
3. Find Router IP Address on Mac
If you’re using an MacBook, Mac Mini or iMac You can follow these steps to determine the Router IP Address, as described in this article: How to Find Router IP Address on a Mac.