Windows 10 prevents certain system files from being accessible within File Explorer. File Explorer. The following are the steps for viewing Hidden System Files in Windows 10.
Hidden System Files in Windows 10
The default setting of Windows File Explorer is to block or hide the viewing of certain files on your system. opened.
For instance System files such as desktop.ini, hiberfile.sys, pagefile.sys, swapfile.sys and others are not visible by default within File Explorer. File Explorer.
The default setting of Windows 10 is designed to ensure that these system files are not being deleted or modified accidentally.
If you have to access the systems files, then you may alter your File Explorer settings on your PC to display the hidden system files.
How can I see Hidden System Files in Windows 10
The steps are below on how to allow you to view the hidden system files on your computer.
1. Open the File Explorer on your PC by clicking the File Explorer icon in the taskbar.
2. In File Explorer windows Click on the File Tab and select Change Folders and Search options from the menu that pops up.
3. On Folder Options screen, select the View tab and then choose the Show hidden folders, files and drives. Then, uncheck the to hide protected OS system file (Recommended) Option.
4. On the warning or confirmation pop-up, click”Yes”.
5. Click on Apply and OK to save your changes.
As stated above The default setting to hide certain System Files hidden in the File Explorer is designed to ensure that these files are safe from being lost.
As you will see in the warning message Editing or deleting the system’s files can render your system unusable.
Thus, it is recommended that you turn back on the default setting to keep the system files private after you’re done with viewing the files.